Thursday, March 5, 2009

It has been a while since my last post I know. However, I try to deliver quality and not quantity, depending on your definition of quality I guess. I've been pretty busy lately at work, with being the head muckity muck of the NTMBA, completing the Salsa project and just plain relaxin'.


For a few years now, Amanda and I have had Sirius radios so we don't normally listen to what's called "terrestrial radio" anymore. We have our favorite stations and about .5% of them play whatever is on the "terrestrial radio", so we don't get to keep up with what's going on in the music world. On Monday I rode with Greg and Melinda to the NTMBA meeting and Greg was telling me about this new cover of Careless Whisper by Wham. He said it was by some rock band and it sounded heavy. I didn't exactly know what song that was right off hand, so Greg proceeded to sing the chorus and once I realized what song it was, I just had to sing along. Kinda gay I guess, but made for a funny moment. So curiosity got the best of me the next morning at work and I searched iTunes for this mystery band covering a totally uncool song. Turns out it was Seether. Never really cared for this band and probably never will and now I have good reason to. I would post a link so you can listen to it, but I don't want to spend any more time on that abomination than I already have, so you'll have to do it on your own time.

In the meantime, you can listen to an ACTUAL metal band, one of my faves, Unearth and one of my fave songs by them called "The Great Dividers". You don't have to listen to them, but it sure does a good job of getting Wham out of your head.


The Salsa project is tentatively complete. It has functional gearing and works, but I'll be needing a bashguard and some trails to ride it on. Hopefully I'll be able to get out on it and try it out soon. This weekend is supposed to be stupid nice so I think I'm going to do a nice long road ride.

1 Response to Take over the world....:

  1. I'm not sure what that guy was singing but it sounded alot like another 80's cover song. The name of the original band is on the tip of my tongue, something about seagulls but I'm not sure.

    Those kids in the audience sure have some sweet dance moves.