Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So last night I did it...I spent an entire hour on the bike trainer. I'm not sure how or why, but I actually spent more than a half hour on it. It wasn't too bad though. Amanda was painting and The Biggest Loser was on, so I turned on the iPod, listened to some tunes and watched TBL. For some reason I really like that show, don't ask me why cuz I couldn't tell ya.



I've been thinking for a while now about something Amanda and I can do together.  I always try to get her to go bike riding, but she isn't really into it. So, I found this 10k in August in Abingdon, the Christopher Todd Richardson Memorial 10k. I've never done a 10k, I've done an 8k before and it was pretty tough. I'm not a runner and neither is Amanda, so I think we are on more of a level playing field there and have quite a chore ahead of us. When it warms up and we get some sunshine past 6 or so, we will start building up to 10k to be prepared for August.

We're going to NC to ride on Saturday and the only bike I have is my singlespeed. I'm not sure if I should ride it or not, but I'm gonna. Kind of a final farewell to it I guess. I only hope that my back holds up to the ride. It's supposed to be warm so it's gonna be fun regardless.

3 Responses to George Jones - Flame in my heart:

  1. Did Amanda agree to start running? Start with a 5k then an 8k before a 10k. Go out and splurge on some new running shoes as well.

  1. is that 10K on the Creeper? if so it'll be tuff for a "flat" run.

  1. Not sure where the run is Chris. It just says Abingdon.

    Greg I think we're just going to start running the Creeper Trail to get up to speed. Amanda just bought a sweet pair of running shoes this past Fall. Now I'll need a pair ; )