Friday, February 13, 2009

Okay, so I realize that I haven't written in a while, but I've been busy! I had an external hard drive crash at work and I'm pretty sure there is no hope for it now. So, I have spent the last two days taking many steps to recover the files. Quite the time-consuming process.


I wanted to blog about the trip we all took to Wilkesboro to ride last weekend, but it seems like it happened so long ago and I have now lost interest to write anything about it. It's the lazy Fat Tony in me. I did get to ride my bike into work one day this week. It was pretty nice too. It really made me wish for more warmer days so I could get back to riding in three days a week. It started out a little cold and I had to stop to put on the earwarmers because my ears were icicles! I didn't really miss the ride home. The traffic is terrible and it's mostly uphill all the way, but mainly the traffic. You never feel more vulnerable than sitting at a busy 4-way intersection in backed up traffic in all four directions...and you are the only one not enclosed in metal. Hopefully I will be able to ride into work at least one day next week.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. Amanda asked me what I wanted for the occasion. At first I told her that I could use a chain for the geared build I'll be doing, but the more I thought about it, the more that didn't seem like the right thing. Valentine's Day is about spending some time together and showing your appreciation, so I decided to forgo the chain and instead, have Amanda go on a bike ride with me. So tomorrow, we are going to shuttle to White Top and ride the 17ish miles back to Damascus. Every time we have done this ride, it has rained, and with the 60% chance we have for rain tomorrow, tradition may win out.

Have a good weekend!

4 Responses to Hope you enjoy your VD...er, I mean Valentine's Day!:

  1. pack yer rain jacket!

  1. shoulda asked for the chain...

  1. Alan is an ass.

  1. just thinking of you Amanda, you might catch a cold riding in the rain!