Monday, March 16, 2009

This past weekend was unproductive, but productive. No rides at all, mainly because of the weather...it sucked. But, Amanda and I came one step closer to being hitched. We both now have wedding bands that we plan to slide onto our fingers at some point in the near future. And since I don't have a fancy titanium bike, I instead now have a fancy titanium ring that I'm not wearing at the moment. We're scheduled for an ocean-front wedding sometime in early to mid-September, nothing big, just the two of us, a preist/justice of the peace, or whatever and some hermit crabs. Should be nice.


We also saw the Watchmen yesterday. I've read lots of bad reviews about the movie, none of which had any relevant points, but they were bad nonetheless. So Amanda and I decided to catch the matinee on Sunday. I'll warn you, a comic movie it may be, but when they say "graphic" novel, that also makes for some "graphic" images. Not for the kiddies, but I thought it was awesome. Good story, although it doesn't completely follow the novel, just a few details at the end, awesome CGI effects, gore, you name it, but the storyline remained the same. I give it two thumbs up!




I have plans to ride the bike into work a few days this week since it's supposed to be nice. I've been looking forward to riding to work again. I could ride all winter, but the lack of a proper commuter bike keeps me from doing that. I don't really want to take a race-oriented road bike out on days that are too bad, it just wasn't meant for that kind of stuff. This week will be different though and I look forward to it.

1 Response to Monday, Monday:

  1. Congrats Anthony! How long until they make bands out of carbon fiber or scandium?