Friday, May 8, 2009

It seems like this week has lasted forever, but alas, it is the weekend. Amanda and I had plans of camping this weekend with my sister and bro-in-law, but sudden events prevented that. On Monday, Amanda's uncle was admitted to the hospital. He had been in a fight with lung cancer for a couple of years now, but around 9:30 last night, he passed away. Amanda spent everyday since Monday hanging at the hospital to be with her family. I went over fairly often myself, but managed to get some work in as well. I'll miss Alan, he was a good guy. I hated to see him in the condition he was in, but when I think of him, I'll probably only remember the better times. Funny how the brain works that way.

On a much lighter note, Amanda and I made a trip to K-Mart the other night. It's the closest mega-store to us, so we visit it often. Sometimes the K Mart will have bikes on display in the aisles, recently a 3-wheeled beach cruiser type with a basket on the back and a tailgate. I usually hop on one and ride it around the sporting goods department and embarrass Amanda, but the trip on Wednesday night was different. As we walked by electronics a shiny brown bike caught my eye, a beach cruiser. I walked over to it and was diggin' the color. I said, "Oh man, I want this", which is usually what I say when I'm around bikes. Amanda usually replies, "Another friggin' bike?! You are not getting another bike", but Wednesday night she said, "Well, get it". Say what? Oh yeah, she said I could buy it! This doesn't happen often, so I jumped on it. Jumped on it as in buy it, not jump on it ride it.








There are a few things I need for it, a headlight, some sweet mirrors and a rear rack. I hope to be sportin' this lil' lady at the next CRAWL. I'll even give her a name.

3 Responses to Not tonight, my friend.:

  1. Sorry to hear about Amanda's uncle



    S W E E T ! BIKE

  1. I'll go ahead and speak for Brandon,... "she's a beaut Clark!"

  1. I think it needs some ape hangers