Friday, July 10, 2009

So, I don't normally get on here to complain about anything, I'm a fairly laid back dude. But I have to gripe today. For the past six months or so I've had a back problem, pinched nerve or something. Everytime I go from sitting to standing or walking to running, I get a sharp pain in the lower right part of my back that causes my entire right leg to get a pins and needles sensation along with a slight pain in my leg. Not a fun thing to deal with on a daily basis. So, in January I went to see a  doctor about it, they tell me it's sciatica, give me some prednisone and naproxen and send me on my way. The dr. tells me that if it doesn't clear up to come back. 


The drugs help a little, but the problem was still there. I tried some yoga stretching thinking that would help, and it did, but for a short period of time, I stay off the bike for a couple of weeks at the doctor's request, which wasn't an easy thing to do and switched to riding with gears. 

So, last week I go back to the dr. because the problem has worsened. The dr. orders an MRI on my back for Thursday and says they will look at the results and let me know about it. I get the MRI on Thursday, July 2... today, Friday, July 10 I get a postcard in the mail that says the results of my x-ray were negative. This is not a handwritten postcard, it has checkboxes to place a check by the appropriate box that corresponds with the test I had. All it says is "x-ray of back was negative." At the bottom it says if I have any questions to call the office.

WTF!? Of course I have questions! WTF DO I DO ABOUT MY BACK?! I'm starting to think that they only ordered an MRI to say they ordered an MRI. They don't seem to care that my problem persists, no one called to say "Yo, your MRI (not x-ray) was negative, maybe you should come back in to see what we can do to help you." Instead I get a postcard with some f*^%ing checkboxes! Thanks-a-f*^%in-lot!!

Needless to say I'm going to change doctors because obviously this one doesn't care, which is strange because they have the word 'healthcare' posted everywhere in the building. Quite misleading. I hate that my boss pays for insurance that now has to pay money to this so-called "doctor" and for that I apologize to my boss, money not well spent.

1 Response to Healthcare? Psshh!!:

  1. healthcare is a business. If you want a healthcare provider that cares you better know the person (doc) or you are in trouble dog.

    Get this I tried to 'opt' out of my healthcare at work (trucking job) to find something cheaper but HR told me it's mandatory I can't decline it!! WTF????? $97.00 out of every pay period and I dont work but two days a week!!!!