Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Apparently some people have been taking some shots at me online about not blogging as often as they do, so I thought I'd post something today. I usually don't blog often because I don't normally think I have anything worth blogging about. After reading other blogs, I realize that maybe my life is exciting enough to write about.


As some of you may remember, I wrote about some nice titanium I had purchased a while back, well, last Tuesday (August 25), I put the ti to some use. My fiance Amanda and I got married. We decided that a big wedding just wasn't our style, so we paid a minister (Lora Luce) a small sum of money, made reservations at our favorite Hatteras Island getaway and took a vacation. 

The ceremony was small, only Amanda, myself, my parents, my sister and her youngest daughter were in attendance and it was nice. We stayed in Rodanthe but had the ceremony at Jockey's Ridge State Park in Nags Head, an evening wedding on the sound. Usually sunset on the sound is nice, but on our wedding day a nice big cloud was covering the sun. Ah well.


We borrowed a couple of kayaks from a friend to take down to the island and paddle around...17ft kayaks...and now I have nowhere to store them, Amanda is out of town and I didn't want to take them off the car because I thought I would be able to return them while Amanda was gone. I haven't been able to return them, nor can I get them down by myself, so I've been driving around with two 17ft kayaks on top of my car for about a week now. If you see me out and about with those damn things, point and laugh...wait, no, don't point and laugh, help me take them off!

As far as a bachelor party goes, Greg decided to put together a bike ride at Bent Creek in NC. I think about 15 or so showed up to ride. Most guys spend their bachelor parties with some friends, strippers and beer...I spent mine with 15 sweaty dudes in lycra. Strangely enough, I wouldn't have had it any other way. We did have some beers at Papas & Beer, the local Mexican joint just down from the trail head. So, thanks Greg for the party.

Anyway, I'll try to post more often.

EDIT: Please click on the picture. Amanda gets cut out in the body of the text.

2 Responses to Nuptials, beer, kayaks and sweaty dudes:

  1. you dis'n me and my blog YO?

  1. I would never Alan!