Monday, December 22, 2008

It has been a while since my last posting, but I'm certain that there is truth to the phrase, "absence makes the hear grow fonder." With the holidays, it's tough to find time to get in front of the computer for something other than shopping or working.

I'll start today with an observation. I work in marketing, so I tend to pay attention to commercials and artwork more than I probably should. It's tough to convey the message you want sometimes. Case and point, Coors Light. I'm not a fan of Coors Light, I actually prefer my beer to have some flavor to it, and they realize that. They've gone so far as to make cool packaging to sell their tasteless suds they pass off as "beer". They came up with the idea that people like their shitty beer cold, and so that you know it's cold, the mountains on the label turn blue. Oooooooooohhh....aaaaaaaaahhhhh......NOT! The commercial says it's "brewed cold, bottled cold and the label turns blue when it's as cold as the Rockies". Okay, I'm not sure if you've ever had what's called "skunky beer" and better yet, what causes it. The skunking process is to get cold beer, let it warm up, then get it cold again. So Coors Light has managed to get consumers to not only drink skunky beer, but to be proud when you can tell it's skunky. If it's brewed and bottled cold, somewhere along the line it's gonna be warm cuz YOU have to turn the mountains blue. I don't get it, so I don't drink it.

Anyway, I just got back from the dentist, so the entire right side of my face is totally numb and I think I'm drooling.

Amanda got me a sweet new camera for Christmas so hopefully you guys will get to see more pictures up on ye olde blog this upcoming year, so stay tuned. I'm not sure how often or if I'll be posting another blog this week, but I'll try.

Have a Merry Christmas!!

2 Responses to :

  1. Merry Christmas, skunky

  1. Good point on the blue mtns, I've seen the "frost brewed" commercials and the whole thing about em being shipped cold but the you see warm cases sitting in the grocery stores.... hmm