Tuesday, January 20, 2009

With all of the talk of change lately, especially today being the inauguration day, a change has come to me as well. I've hurt my back and with all the back troubles I've had in the past, I have decided to not take any chances and switch my mode of mountain transportation to a geared bike. I'm just in the looking phase right now and not quite sure what I want just yet. If you have any suggestions or know where a really good deal is on a hardtail frame, let me know. 

I kinda figured it would be a matter of time before I couldn't ride the ss anymore, but I didn't think it would be now. It's hard on my knees and my lower back, but it's tons of fun. So, I'll be off the mountain bike for a while, it's been more than a week since I've been on it already. Hopefully I can get an easy ride in on the Zion ss before I get some gears.

Today is the inauguration and my boss made the point this morning that, regardless of who you voted for this year, it's pretty impressive that we have such a peaceful transition of leadership. Lots of countries change leadership by having their governments violently overthrown.

I'm watching the inauguration online and it's cool that they have the live feed online, but it times out briefly from time to time, never anymore than a second or so, but it's pretty annoying.

Until then...

3 Responses to Change for everyone.:

  1. 29er with gears! IT'S TIME !!!!

  1. Maybe I should clarify...I'm getting a new FRAME on a BUDGET. :D

  1. KHS hardtails are nice! I've heard they ride really smooth, that will be good on your back. And since they have the same geometry as the xc team, I know they handle really well. Make the right decision :D